Monday 11 February 2013

miu miu SS/13 ad campaign

One of my favourite Ad Campaigns for SS/13 has to be miu miu. Why? Well there are just endless justifications, here are some:

1. As you most probably know I am head over heels with 'pointy' court shoes and there is not one single 'round' court featured in this ad campaign! So yes, this may have won me over a little!

2. I love the contrast in textures which each and every photograph includes - they really help bring the campaign to life.

3. Do you agree that campaigns with more than one model in come across much more powerful? I believe that they have a greater impact. The beautiful Doutzen Kroes and Adriana Lima teamed up with Arizona Muse, Malgosia Bela and Bette Franke to fiercely compete for the sexiest Miu Miu model. I'll let you decide who you think should don the Miu Miu crown!

4. The different expressions, the emotions, the whispering, the tension, the hand gestures; they all make you feel like you want to know more. You want to know their secrets. You want to know why they look so concerned. 

I instantly wanted to become a miu miu girl when I saw this campaign for the first time - move over VS angels I want to be a MM masterpiece! 

Whether you are a blonde, brunette or a red head I guarantee you can connect with one of the models. It's strange, you feel so distant and uninvolved BUT so close and connected at the same time. Isn't it ODD what a few photographs can do to you?  

5. I love the fierce RED which is embraced throughout the campaign. Such a strong contrast to the models fragile expressions. Could this be portraying that girl power isn't so fierce as we once thought? Perhaps it is trying to convey that on the outside females seem so fearless and fierce when actually inside they really aren't. If this is the case, then don't be afraid to express the delicate side of you. Be weak, be fragile. It will only make you stronger. Remember, if a miu miu model is allowed to - then so are we!
(Yes, I get lost in photographs - many apologies!) 

6. The setting is a 10/10 kind of setting. It really helps enhance the high quality garments and the wood panelling helps to create some truly amazing compositions. 

7. A big yes to the gloves and a big yes to the geeky glasses! A big yes to pretty much everything really! 

Now it's time to see the ad campaign for yourself...



















I'm not sure about you, but for me; the prints, the furs, the textures and the jewels all leaped out way beyond the photographs. I hope you experienced the same 3D kinda effect!

Why not check out miu miu's website HERE for everything miu miu!


Lots of miu miu loving, 




All of the above images have been taken from miu miu's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment