Monday 25 February 2013

A Girl's gotta do what a Girl's gotta do...

Our last Girly dinner evening was back in 2012...





The night was a success. We made homemade PIES (yes I know, such ladies)! We made slutty brownies (Thank you Rosie for the Recipe). We also made garlic bread; mozzarella wrapped in parma ham, mozzarella in breadcrumbs, cupcakes...OH you name it - we made it! 

 



I'm pretty sure you know where I'm going with this? YEP, It was time to dig out that Girly table cloth, invite the Girls round and eat the night away (with another Ladette meal of course). 

STACKED BURGERS WITH A SIDE DISH OF HOMEMADE WEDGES.

I strangely enough have minimal photos from the evening. Perhaps I was a tense hungry host? Or perhaps I just so kindly allowed my friends to eat their meals in peace for once?
Don't threat, I still took a few!

Running down the centre of the table we had plates of bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, mozzarella and fried onions. We each had a side dish to cram as many of our homemade (chinese seasoned) wedges into. We had our own stacking stick so we could be as greedy as we wanted with the toppings...



 



My Sister was on Burger duty...
(Literally mince mixed with egg whites, I never knew burgers were so simple!)



I'm not friends with red meat so I gave Nando's a run for their money and got stuck into a stacked chicken feast! mmmmmmmm.



My little Bro was on onion duty...
  (Apparently he's the best in town when it comes to frying onions!)


I made sure to capture his latest purchase in my photograph. My Sister and I have taught him well, he returned home from New York with a brand spanking new Michael Kors watch on his wrist. I wish I was as fashionable as him at 15 years old (I'm pretty sure I was still wearing my Pocahontas watch at 15). 

My sister makes it quite obvious that she despises my love affair with taking photos of food. However I ignored her daggers and rather speedily captured her stacking the stilton and (the very best) onions onto her burger!


Aimee, Sarah and Di all bought treats round for the slumber party after (whilst I tucked into my gluten free, wheat free, EVERYTHING FREE treats). I keep telling myself this specific diet is only for 8 weeks, however my symptoms have started to improve. Do NOT tell me I will be shopping in the 'Free From' (or should I say 'cardboard') isle for the rest of my life!




Aimee and I pretended it was Christmas and whacked out the Coffee Baileys like you do... 


Cheers to a great night Girls!

Obviously we couldn't leave 'BABY B' out! After finding out 'BABY B' is now a 'GIRL' we wanted to purchase her something beautiful and something pink...

 


These pretty matching Joules garments scream the word broody even to a Man!

Anyway until next time, cheerio my friends!



(All of the above images are my own.)



No comments:

Post a Comment