Wednesday 9 January 2013

Charming little Wimborne


Nothing beats catching up with friends over a pot of tea!

Today I went somewhere different, somewhere picturesque and somewhere very peaceful. This ‘somewhere’ goes by the name of Wimborne. Such a charming little market town and if you haven’t been then I insist you pop it on your ‘places to visit’ list for 2013!

I picked Alice up and we hit the road and made our way to Kate’s house in Wimborne. 

We arrived safely and Kate kindly greeted Alice with some belated birthday cakes and presents…





Nattering away with cake and T we lost track of time so we quickly put on our boots and headed to the town square. Kate was our tour guide lady and I must admit she did a very good job. She promised to show us all of the wonderful places in Wimborne…

From sweet shops…




To chocolate shops…




 To vintage furniture shops…




To Churches… 
(The Parish and Minster Church of St.Cuthburga)




To rivers...




To tea rooms...




and to places that I just couldn't help but admire...




Do you think Kate did a good job? I DO!

With all the walking around we decided it was time to fix those hunger groans and stop for a spot of lunch. We went to Long Crichel Bakery Tea Rooms and I would highly recommend! 

Lunch is served...




Kate and Alice had the above which looked VERY appetising! I opted for a cheese scone with butter - this was possibly the best cheese scone I have ever eaten! To accompany our lunch Alice and I had a pot of tea; whilst Kate needed a stronger caffeine fix therefore ordered herself an Americano. 




Everyone needs sweet after savoury right? So we went on a CAKE hunt...




The muffin man (me) found herself a tasty chocolate muffin - Waitrose certainly do provide when it comes to sugary treats and with their pretty pink packaging I just couldn't say no! 

After all - cake is for life NOT just for Christmas...





We finished our day with a beautiful stroll in the park...




The sun was shining which meant there were happy faces all around...




Unfortunately we had to head home and couldn't stay for dinner...however on our next Wimborne visit (which hopefully will be soon) we know where we will be heading for dinner!





Thank you Kate for a pleasant day in Wimborne, we will be back soon as we have LOTS of tea rooms to test out!

K.L

All images taken on my Iphone




No comments:

Post a Comment