Saturday 26 January 2013

3 course meal on a budget

Did you rinse your December wage celebrating TOO hard on New Years Eve? Or perhaps you were a little too generous when purchasing Christmas presents for your loved ones? Well my friend, you are not alone. I’m sure lots of bank balances out there are still suffering and feeling the strain (mine definitely is). M&S did us NO favours with all those Christmas food adverts; we really did NOT need to purchase the entire food hall did we?
(yes we did)

But anyway, all of the above was SO worth it so lets not dwell on the past. January is the month we need to go a little careful with those pennies. This doesn’t mean we have to survive on SmartPrice rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner - it means we have to spot the bargains! So, if you have a spare £13 then I suggest you sign up to VoucherCloud (if you haven’t already) and get yourself down to Pizza Express. Come on, 3 courses for £12.95 that’s a bargain! With no washing up or loading and unloading the dishwasher either! Definitely a win, win deal!

So, Alice and I scraped our pounds together and headed to Winchester to feast on a scrumptious deal.

You can't visit Pizza Express without consuming the garlic dough balls can you? We were therefore quick to order these with the mozzarella garlic bread. Unlike Joey Tribbiani we are able to share so we decided to have half and half.


 Garlic clove anyone?

  Swiftly onto mains...


My favourite dish from Pizza Express is the cannelloni so I felt like I had to be loyal to this delicious dish and choose it again!


I never get bored of it!

Whilst Alice had the Melanzane Parmigiana 
Aubergine, béchamel sauce, mozzarella and tomato, gluten free breadcrumbs, grana padano (no pasta).


Alice fell in love with the Melanzane as much as I fell for the cannelloni all over again!

Desserts... 

I originally ordered the Chocolate fudge cake but after my main I really wasn't feeling it. I'm not really sure why I just knew I had to quickly change my order! I opted for the baked cheesecake and boy oh boy it was OHmazing! 


A little slice of heaven.

Do you know what, I think I have some crazy Mystic Meg food powers (if there is such thing). I mean, the waitress informed Alice they ran out of Chocolate fudge cake and presented her with these little chocolate cakes instead...


Don't get me wrong they do look insane BUT not quite the same as warm choccie fudge cake hey! Thanks to my Mystic Meg food powers I was able to know in advance and alter my order!



The lip smacking cheesecake was far TOO tasty which made me crave seconds (and thirds and fourths).



I do feel slightly bad that neither of us had Pizza!

Anyway, Alice and I thoroughly enjoyed our £12.95 Friday night treat. The deal is currently available from Fri-Sun so why not celebrate the last weekend in January with 3 delightful dishes! 

I'm sure you've all been to Pizza Express but just in case you haven't then here is the MENU for you! 


Night all, I'm off to sleep - smelling and feeling like a big fat garlic dough ball may I add! 



3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure exactly why but this weblog is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll check back later and see if the ρroblеm stіll exists.


    my weblog :: party pills cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitеly belіeve thаt that уou ѕtated.
    Your favoгite juѕtificаtiοn seеmed tο be оn the inteгnet the simpleѕt
    factor tο taκe intο account of.
    I say to you, I dеfіnitеly get annoуeԁ еνеn as fоlks сonsider cоncerns that they plаinly ԁo not understаnԁ about.
    You сοntrolled to hit the nail upon the top аnԁ alѕo
    outlined out the whοle thing without havіng ѕide effeсt , other folks сan take a sіgnal.
    Wіll prοbably be again tο get morе.

    Τhanks

    Stop by my blog: legal pills like speed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thiѕ іs thе гight web sіte fοr anуbodу whο hopes to
    understаnԁ thiѕ topiс. Υou realize
    a whοle lot its almοst hard tο argue
    with you (not that I reallу will neеԁ to�HаHa).
    You сегtаinly put a bгand
    nеw spin on a topic whіch has been wгitten аbout
    fοr yеaгѕ. Greаt stuff,
    јuѕt excellent!

    Ηere is mу web site; herbal incense k2

    ReplyDelete